1. Information and General 1.1. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information and what we will use your information for.
4. Information for Publication 4.1. Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
5. Updating information 5.1. Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
6. How will my information be used / Why would I be contacted? 6.1. We may use your information to administer or tailor the website to user needs. 6.2. Enable your use of the services available on the website. 6.3. Send you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website. 6.4. Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you. 6.5. Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications. 6.6. Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested. 6.7. Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user. 6.8. Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website. 6.9. Keep the website secure and prevent fraud. 6.10. Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website (including monitoring private messages sent through our website private messaging service).
7. Security of your personal information 7.1. We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. 7.2. We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
7.3. All electronic transactions entered into via the website will be protected by high security passwords and held on secure servers. 7.4. You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
8. Online Shop Payments 8.1. Our financial transactions are handled through our payment services provider, HSBC. We will share information with HSBC only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. Card details entered onto our websites shall be processed in accordance with PCIDSS.
9. Will I be contacted for marketing? 9.1. We may send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business by post or, by email or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications by simply opting out of marketing or sending us an email.
10. Third Party Marketing 10.1. We will not, without your express consent, provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing. 10.2. We will not sell your information to marketing agencies.
12. What if I am a child or a young person? 12.1. Under 18 years old. 12.2. We understand and appreciate that there are very many young people who are interested in construction and building materials. We also receive CV’s and newsletter requests from young people. 12.3. It is our policy not to accept and store the details of people who are under the age of 18 years old for the use of marketing. 12.4. If at any point a person of less than 18 years old would like to make a purchase from us we would ask for a parent or guardian or in the case of an apprentice worker a line manager, to authorise that it is acceptable to sell materials to a young person. 12.5. There are certain items that will not be sold to a young person or child – even with parental consent. 12.6. In the case of personal details in the form of a CV or letter from school leavers for prospective work such as holiday work we shall decide on a case by case basis and in the event that we have no position available we will destroy your details. 12.7. Children under the age of 13 years old. 12.8. We would ask that if you are under 13 years old you do not place an order with us or sign up to our newsletter without permission from an adult. An adult is someone who is over 18 years old. 12.9. If we find that you are under 13 years we may ask to speak to your parents or guardian to make sure that it is ok for you to visit our website.
12.10. Parents and Guardians. 12.11. We know many parents and guardians monitor the activities and interests of your children and young people have both on and off-line. We may contact you to discuss any use of our website by a child or young person in your care.
12.12. Please be advised we do not allow advertisements or association of graphic materials or adult materials on our website however the internet can be hacked and we would therefore stress that the use of our website and third party linked sites should be supervised at all times. 12.13. We cannot take responsibility for the web content of any of our suppliers, customers or third party links.
13. How long will my information be kept? 13.1. Joseph Parr Group or any member of our subsidiaries may store your personal information in accordance with legislation and our internal and external auditing procedures. 13.2. Open files may be kept as long as they are required. 13.3. When a file is cleared or deemed closed it may then be kept for an additional 6 year period in keeping with common law, the statute of limitations and the GDPR regulations.
14. Can I find out what information Joseph Parr Group has about me? 14.1. You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to an administration fee and you should submit a request to our Data Protection Officer – Kirsty Young 07951897712. 14.2. In addition to the administration fee we would request the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity for this purpose. 14.3. We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law. 14.4. You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by sending an email to us. 14.5. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
17. 3rd Party Cookies and how they affect me. 17.1. The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
For the Attention of: Kirsty Young Joseph Parr Group Management Services Consultant Address: 2a Drovers Road, East Mains Industrial Estate Broxburn EH52 5ND Tel: 07951897712 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org